In today’s Experimental Mind newsletter three articles, from Netflix, Bhav Patel and Eric Weber. And of course the latest job opportunities and events. Everything in one easy digestible email, so you can focus on running your experiments. Enjoy.
ps. have you recently looked into buying vs building experimentation tooling? I would like to ask you some questions. Let me know via a reply.
📰 What I’ve been reading this week
The second post in a multi-part series on how Netflix uses A/B tests to inform decisions and continuously innovate on our products.
Tips from Bhav Patel on how to cope with a losing experiment:
My one rule for running experiments is: “remain emotionally detached”.
Post from Eric Weber on creating value from data (products):
… what *value* are you creating for your customers and how do you know you are creating that value? Answering this question is hugely important.
🚀 Job opportunities
This week’s featured jobs:
- Data Product Owner, Customer Experience at Vistaprint, Remote EU
- Experimentation Insights Director at Nike, Beaverton, US
- Data Analyst Experimentation at bol.com, Netherlands
- Data Scientist at Bellingcat, Remote EU
- Experimentation & Causal Inference Intern at Netflix, Los Gatos US
But wait … there are another 22 opportunities on the job board. Let me know of you are hiring. You can also add your vacancy to the board.
📅 Upcoming events
This is a running list of upcoming events:
- MeasureSummit 2021 (Sep 28-Oct 1, online)
- Experiment Nation: The Conference (Sep 29, online)
- NEW Future Data (Oct 13, online)
- DDMA Dutch CRO Awards (Nov 4, Amsterdam)
- MIT Conference on Digital Experimentation (Nov 4-5, online)
- The Conference formerly known as Conversion Hotel (Nov 19-21, NL)
💬 Quote of the week
“When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.” — Charles Goodhart
😉 Fun of the week
This image of Angela Merkel with birds is doing it’s round on the web. I have applied it to launching an experimentation.
🙏 Thanks for reading
If you’re enjoying the Experimental Mind newsletter you can support me and my family with a donation to the study fund for our two kids. Much appreciated.
And share this email with a friend or colleague. I would love this community of experimenters to grow. You can point them here to subscribe.
Have a great week — and keep experimenting.
ps. if you have any feedback simply reply or click the thumbs up/down.