In this weekly newsletter I share the best experimentation related articles, jobs and events, that I have found during the week.
📣 Role of the week
DUTCH: Wil jij grote digitale platformen zoals Videoland, RTL Nieuws of Buienradar helpen optimaliseren? RTL is op zoek naar jou.
🔎 What I’ve been reading last week
Jan Bosch on why proper data instrumentation is so important:
When there’s no data available, many decisions are made without much evidence, purely based on beliefs and earlier experiences from key decision-makers.
March 28, the third cohort of the ‘accelerating innovation with A/B testing’ class starts. Ronny Kohavi will teach you everything he knows about A/B testing in 5 two hour sessions. Register via this link and you will receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
Article from HBR:
Experimentation encourages innovation, but it can also be time and resource-draining. To make experimentation a productive activity in your organization, you must manage several conditions. What you learn from experiments, how you apply your learnings, the opportunities presented by your learnings, and, perhaps more importantly, the conversations you have with colleagues about your findings should have an impact on organizational decision making.
While both methods can provide key insights into the user experience, they each excel in answering different types of questions. Thus, effective measurement and analysis should encompass both categories.
Difficult stats concepts, clearly explained by Cassie Kozyrkov.
🚀 Job opportunities
All featured roles:
- 🆕 Digital Analyst at RTL (Hilversum, NL)
- 🆕 CRO Specialist at RTL (Hilversum, NL)
- Product Analytics Team Lead at Wolt (Helsinki/Berlin)
- Experimentation Lead Software engineer at Vista (remote EU)
- Principal Analyst Experimentation at Vista (remote EU)
- Data Scientist Experimentation at Just East (London)
- Performance Marketing Specialist at Picnic (Amsterdam)
- Digital Experimentation Manager at Philips (Amsterdam)
Or checkout the other 21 open roles.
Hiring? Post your open roles to the job board (starting at €0)
📅 Upcoming events
This is a running list of upcoming events:
- Data Mishaps Night (Feb 24, virtual)
- MeasureCamp North America (Feb 26, virtual)
- 🆕 Flagship 2022 (Mar 9-10, virtual)
- Conversionboost (Mar 15, Copenhagen)
- 🆕 Accelerating Innovation with A/B Testing (Mar 28, virtual)
- Emerce Conversion (Apr 21, Amsterdam)
- Experimentation Elite (Apr 27, London)
See the full overview of events to find 15+ other events and conferences for you and your team.
💬 Quote of the week
“In God we trust; all others must bring data.” — William Edwards Demming
😉 Fun of the week
Are you playing Wordle … or in the control group?
☕ Thanks for reading
If you’re enjoying the Experimental Mind newsletter and want to say thank you? Buy me a coffee. Or share this newsletter with a friend or colleague. Have a great week — and keep experimenting.